Since 2000, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Phi Kappa Omega Chapter has given over $15,000.00 in scholarship money to deserving youth in Cook County, Illinois.
The Essence of Ivy and Pearls Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) not for profit organization who seeks to spark change in the greater Chicagoland community it serves by providing scholarships, family programs, health services, and educational services.
In 2018, The Essence of Ivy and Pearls Foundation had the pleasure of awarding 5 scholarships to students in the total amount of $5,500.00 to aid in their college tuition.
The 2018 recipients are as follows:
- Book Scholarship: Kennedy Perkins, Spelman College
- Technology Scholarship: Alia Alicea, University of Illinois Champaign – Urbana
- Think HBCU Scholarship: Briana Hudson, Hampton University
- Family Scholarship: Lauryn Gray, North Carolina A&T University
- Past Recipient: Imani Ameen, Howard University
For 2019, the Essence of Ivy & Pearls Foundation is pleased to offer scholarships of amounts up to $2,500 to eligible applicants.
All eligible applicants must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA and meet the requirements stated in the scholarship application. Scholarship Deadline is July 1, 2019.
- HBCU Scholarship
- Odas Nicholson Scholarship
- STEM Scholarship
- Family Scholarship
- Previous Recipient Scholarship